Pages

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Kate's House

Dailley Kate, our 13 year old moorit ewe (above), will be retired from breeding. She has poor vision ... and I was going to put her down this summer ... but she thought otherwise and has rallied. So she needed a more permanent home ... one that can also be a quaranteen space as well if needed.

So today, Gene and I built a 'Kate House'. We are going to paint it the same colour as the new front doors and the shutters on the front of the house. Here, you see Matt ... the kid across the road who allows me to do all of this ... painting doors and shutters and you can see the colour.

By the way ... there is NO truth to the rumour that Matt had a certain finger raised to me just before I took this picture ... hehehe
And here it is ... minus the 'Garnet' paint and the grey green shingles. They may happen tomorrow. The temperature reached close to 94 degrees here today, without considering the humidity. We have accomplished a lot in the past seven days ... but we are all being more careful after my bout over the weekend with sunstroke/heat stroke!
Kate's House is 8 feet by 8 feet ... and might also serve as a place to keep my polled Shetland ram, and my new BFL ram.

2 comments:

bopeep said...

Nice house, amazing aren't they?
hope she gets her own sign..."Kate's house" so all the other sheep know who started the house.

Highland Hollow Emporium said...

Your Kate looks very nice for her age. I'm so glad she is getting her own home. It's hard to watch our old friends become frail. Will she be able to see your wonderful garden?
Jane