Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Friends Coming for Anne Frank

I think I told you the story about how I ended up with just ONE chicken. I caught all of my chickens and ducks last Fall ... and they went into my freezer. I KNOW that I had all of them in crates when I went to bed ... but ... three days later, I saw Anne Frank wandering with the sheep. I figured that she had been hiding in the floor boards or the walls!

Well ... after almost a year of eating eggs from the grocery store, I have ordered six ready to lay pullets. I can't STAND store bought eggs!
Before the new girls get here, I need to build a new 'hen house'. I have WONDERFUL idea that will have a drop down front (the door pictured above), and a roof that raises. It will also be two feet off the ground so this old guy can deal with them and their eggs ... without bending over. Of course there will be LOTS of room outside for them to scratch in the dirt and eat all of the things that make their eggs so good. I'll post pictures of the new structure, when I am done with it ... :-)

Now ... if I can only find where Anne hides at night ... then I could put her in with her new friends. I can't even get CLOSE to her. She seems terrified of me. I wonder why ... hehehe

No comments: