Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006

Blue Faced Leicester Ram Coming to Willow Garden, likely this Fall

Well ... this is my newest purchase ... Beechtree Kirkton ... from Beechtree farm in Michigan. He has already been named 'Kirkton', but that works for me! Sounds sort of ... important ... :-)
This is mid side fleece.

Below is mid hind leg.
I LOVE the fleece on these sheep ... and their disposition. We'll see how I like them after a year. I am looking at one white ewe lamb to import with Kirkton this Fall ... and if it goes well ... maybe one or two more next summer. I will be anxious to hear comments about this new venture from my hand spinner friends.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Very nice looking :) If you're looking for breeders nearer for ewes check out Bundaflicka Farms in NY -fabulous sheep and people too!