Pages

Monday, July 31, 2006

Insanity ... Perhaps ... Happy ... of course ... :-)

Well ... in one of my weaker moments ... and due to a strange chain of events ... I have purchased a black Blue Faced Leicester ram lamb. It all started when a friend lost her barn and hay in a fire ... and then there was an auction to raise money for her hay ... and then a white BFL was available at that auction and I bought him. Then I got talking to the breeder and decided that if I am going to have another breed here in Canada ... then I might as well buy the best ... and sooooo ...

For a couple of years I have admired the BFL from Beech Tree Farm at Michigan Fibre Fest. Their fleeces are very soft, crimpy, and lustrous. Although they are bigger sheep, they are very calm and seem ... majestic.

Anyway ... I will soon own this little guy. My intent is to live with him for a year and then decided if I want to add a SMALL group of REALLY top notch ewes for him ... well ... I may cross him on some of my Shetlands this year, but we'll see..

No picture yet of 'Bo' (I hope I can name him ... after Bo Dibbley, one of the first and greatest BLUES singers).

Above, though, is a picture of his dam.


Below, is his sire.

No comments: