Pages

Friday, August 11, 2006

Nick ... and the NASSA AGM

Poor Nick, one of my LGDs, has a nasty big gash where the back of the ear meets the neck ... and I do mean nasty! It has been cleaned, shaved, disinfected, cleaned and disinfected three times per day, treated with anti itch meds, treated with antibbiotics, and also given HUGE doses of hugs (in spite of Nick's smell ... :-).

BUT ... I was to leave for the AGM on Sunday morning ... and I can't do it. His wound is drying up and starting to scab over ... but until it is well on its way to healing ... I am staying home. I'll miss seeing lots of friends there ... and the presentations ... but ... this is Nick ... and he relies on me in the same way that I rely on him. I have to be here for him. He is always here for me, and has never let me down.

I am hoping that it looks better by next Thursday. If it does, I'll head for MFF ... :-)


In spite of the fact that Nick was just coming out from the effects of a tranquilizer (the only way that my Vet can treat him due to his size and strength ... he weighs close to 200 lb ... Nick, not the Vet) ... he was out there with his sheep.
In the picture above, you can see the shaved portion of the neck and the redness of the gash. Below ... he just looks regal and proud ... to be with his sheep.
I LOVE this dog, and couldn't begin to do what I do here without the help of Nick, and his partner in the job, Kayla. Can I ever hug them enough?

:-)

1 comment:

bopeep said...

Hug him for me too Bill,
Really not the time of year you could leave him with a wound healing....sorry to miss you.