Pages

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Green Pea Soup ... errrr ... Sister

On Monday, Matt and I tattooed all of the lambs and ewes that are sold or for sale. In the right ear of them all go my farm letters ... WGS. In the left ear go the individual animal numbers. For the lamb above, WillowGarden Snap (one of the pea sisters) her left ear will be ... 60S

As you can see, Matt and I needed to learn a lot about tattooing ... and we did get MUCH neater as the morning progressed. Unfortunately, the Pea Sisters, Snow and Snap were among the first we did!

We'll do left ears when the animals are ready to leave the farm ... and we will be more careful.

It looked like St Patrick's day out there in the field after Tuesday's rain ... like when I used to get a green tongue and lips from drinking green beer in my neighbourhood pub on St Patty's Day ... MANY MANY MANY years ago ... hehehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Gene should take a picture of you after tattooing, and post it on your blog. After seeing Glen tattoo the cattle, I can just imagine how you would look, when just learning!!

Nancy K. said...

I thought, for a moment, that this was
a new look you'll be test-breeding for now....?

;-)