Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Annual Barbeque for 'The County Spinners'

Over the years, these woman have become great frinds. They taught me to spin ... they buy my fleeces ... they tell me what is good about my fleeces ... and what is bad about them as well.

Each year,on the third Wednesday of July, I invite them for a barbeque lunch. It is always fun. We spin and chat ... then we eat lamburgers, lamb sausage, and even regular burgers. Then we walk out back and I do my famous call that brings the entire flock running in anticipation of grain or animal crackers. Finally, we spent a LONG while around the skirting table ... and THIS is the time when I really learn about fleeces ... from the people who I raise my sheep for ... spinners.
It is always one of my favourite days of the summer.

This year I was pleased to hear the oohs and awwws as they sunk their hands into some of my newer fleeces. With the wonderful fleeces from Carole Arthur in Alberta ... and with the improved fleeces just from my own work at fleece improvement ... they were a happy bunch of spinners ... :-)

No comments: