Pages

Friday, July 28, 2006

Yard Work - Nearing Completion

Well ... it was raining this morning ... THANK YOU GOD! ... so I gave Matt the day off and just sort of took it easy myself ... a bit ... ;-)
I still have to cut down the posts on the porch and build the railing for the steps. We're also going to put down a flagstone sidewalk ... with our own rocks of course. The river rocks are supposed to look like a dry river bed ... and also provide a place to walk as you travel through the garden. Although this one is smaller than others that I have done, it is designed so that you can never see it all from one spot.
My philosophy is that a garden is interactive. I'm not interested in a garden that looks good from the street. I want one that invites people to explore ... and has something unexpected at every turn.
As I said, this one is smaller than others I have done ... but ... it still has the flavour of my other gardens. It should also be fairly low maintenance, which is a real big attribute for me ... ;-) Picked the paint for the shutters and will try to get them done this weekend as well.

2 comments:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

I enjoy reading about your garden ALMOST as much as reading about your beautiful sheep and lovely puppies! It is fun watching it change and take shape...and one day, if I ever move from fleece wethers to breeding stock, it would be wonderful to own one (or rather a small flock) of your gorgeous Shetland sheep!

A girl can dream ;)

Cary at Serenity Farms in Michigan

bopeep said...

Wow....lovely new look.
I can tell you don't have snakes up there.