Pages

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wind Water Asparagus ... aka ... Gus

I just got these pictures from Shauna Grey, of Wind Water Shetlands. Those of you who were at the AGM last summer will remember her as the lovely young woman, with the really cute toddler, who had pens next to me at the show.

Shauna is an expert on fleece ... and on working with fleece ... and is breeding towards finer fleeces all of the time.

This little guy ... Wind Water Asparagus, who will be known as 'Gus', is out of WillowGarden Magda Gabor and WillowGarden Luther Vandross (a EIEIO Santana/WillowGarden Humphrey Bogart son). He will come to live at Willow Garden this summer ... ;-)

I bred for conformation, colour, pattern and improved fleeces this past year and got fewer spotted lambs that I like to have. I suspect that this little guy has coformation, colour, pattern and an awesome fleece. Based on his lines, and the look of his fleece, it should be pretty darned fine and consistent. I am also sure that he is mioget, which means that he can sire ... moorit, musket, mioget, fawn, black, dark brown, emsket, shaela, and grey lambs ... depending on the ewes he is bred to. And wow ... will this guy ever throw some wildly spotted lambs into my flock once again!


Look at the next couple of pictures ... and tell me if you think that he might be katmoget. His dam was. He has such a small amount of colour that it is hard to tell ... but I think that I detect the katmoget eye flash ... or ... it is just late and I am tired ... :-)

Anyway ... Gus is as square as they come, has a nice long body, and has great fleece. I am looking forward to watching this guy grow ... and to hopefully using him for spotted lambs in 2007.



Lambing is not yet over ... and already I am buying rams for next year ... hmmm ... is there a cure for this ... Would I take a cure if there was one?

hehehe hehehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»