Pages

Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy Sheep


Hello everyone. Welcome to my blog. This is not something that I ever thought I'd do ... but with a TOTAL lack of enough time to email everyone who I'd like to ... I thought this might just be the answer. Check back often for updates on my life ... and on my Shetland sheep operation.

In this picture, is a mioget ewe lamb named Willow Garden Buttercup. She is out of one of my favourite ewes, Bono Creek Cleome, a single coated and crimpy moorit ewe ... and Willow Garden Cliff Carlisle, a mioget gulmoget ram with a more intermediate styled fleece. I have several Cleome daughters and granddaughters in my flock. This year, all will be named after a variety of squash.

I'll try to find a picture of Hubbard later and post it. He is an exquisite white ram lamb, and thus one of my faves ... ;-).

So far, I have 60 ewes that have lambed and there are 41 ewe lambs and 43 ram lambs. There have been no deaths due to lambing and all have lambed on there own, with only a minor 'tug' here and there to make a delivery easier for some of the older girls. There are about 10 to 12 more ewes to lamb starting in mid May and then into June ... but ... the mad rush is over ... hehehe.

Today, I am working on the paper work to transfer my flock to the Canadian registry at CLRC. The ones that I transfer will be double registered, but this year's lambs will only be registered with CLRC. Of course, they are eligible for registry with NASSA, but I won't double register unless a buyer wants me to.

Waiting for a litter of kittens from our barn cat. She can't be far off, as she is HUGE ... :-)

Off to check on her.

Bill


No comments: