Pages

Friday, May 26, 2006

Introductions ... Lambs and Nick

Some pictures, taken on May 22 ... and presented at random.

This little Gal is out of Great Plains Cherry (F2 Greyling/ F2 Timothy) and Great Plains King Arthur (F2 Greyling). Her fleece is very uniform and soft. Her tail is an acceptable length, but appears longer than it really is, as is often the case with my shorter, more crimpy fleeced lambs. Her name is WillowGarden Mutsu.


Next we have a pair of emsket ewes out of SheltrgPines Hebe (an emsket ewe) and WillowGarden Duke Ellington (emsket ram). Their names are WillowGarden Lentil and WillowGarden Luffa. One is a yuglet and the other is a krunet with a huge area that I am calling 'incomplete expression of pattern'. One of these two will be for sale.


This is Nick, my HUGE LGD. He is half Maremma (sire) and half Pyr (dam). Somehow, he has managed to become a giant. He is well over 200 pounds as shown here at 18 months of age. Fortunately for us ... he is a gentle giant ... :-)


The final picture is another of my favourite lambs ... born to one of my favourite ewes. WillowGarden Grace, who was my first (and only) lamb to need a tube feeding a few years ago has remained smaller. I had decided not to breed her, but rather to keep her as a pet. Two years ago she snuck out to visit a ram and I aborted her. This year, she did the same thing ... and I decided to let nature take its course. The result is this lamb ... WillowGarden Papaya. The sire is Valley Road Spencer. This lamb is mioget and has an even, soft and crimpy fleece. I'm pretty happy with her.

Lots of pictures of lambs that are not for sale get posted on here. Over the weekend, I'll try to post some that are. There are some beauties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»