Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Start of My Sales List

Boy has this been tough! I want to keep them ALL ... but I can't. Some of these sheep would NOT be here if I had room to expand my flock ... but I do not.

I seem to have some trouble lining up pictures with descriptions ... but ... here goes ...

WillowGarden Shallot, is a black ewe out of WillowGarden Joan Crawford (black gulmoget Tisket daughter) and WillowGarden Cliff Carlisle (mioget gulmoget with a fleece like silk). She will be carrying the modifier, and might herself actually end up a modified colour. Her fleece is nice!





WillowGarden Idared is a musket ewe lamb out of Great Plains Tulip (double F2 - Greyling & Jamie) and WillowGarden Duke Ellington (emsket smirslet ram with an amazing fleece). This ewe appears to be a light musket with a nice fleece, but is carrying both the modifier and spotting genetics. I'm not sure which of the triplets is her, but you can see that they are all quite nice.








WillowGarden Rhubarb is a fine fleeced bklack ewe lamb out of WillowGarden Shirley Eikhard (Cherrington lines) and Whistle Stop Lerwick, a white F1 Drum Jings ram. She is an F2 (25% UK genetics).











WillowGarden Shirley Eikhard has a very dense and soft fleece. She is out of a Cherrington Ewe, and a Wooly Acres ram, with breeding from the western US and Canada. She is a solid yearling ewe.











WillowGarden Fava is a black krunet gulmoget ewe lamb. She is the only one born here this year. Her eye fleshes are not strong, but they are there and will be more visible at various times of the year. She is out of SheltrgPines Precipitation (modified black 6 year old ewe) and WillowGarden Smokey Robinson (grey katmoget gulmoget).




SheltrgPines Precipitation can only go to a goos home. She is a 'pet' and thus, difficult to part with, but I am sure I'll find a good home for her. She has thrown us many wonderful lambs, that all seem to inherit her friendliness.








Great Plains Lark is a 7 year old ewe with almost no white fibres in her fleece! She is a larger ewe, but somewhat thin right now as her twin ram lambs are a real draw on her. She is from Carole Arthur's flock, but is 100% domestic. She is priced with her age in mind, but there are still a lot of lambs in this solid ewe.


Odessa Lucy Maud is a black yearling ewe out of Orysia Dawydiak's flock in Prince Edward Island. She is also a Whistle Stop Lerwick daughter, and thus an F2 Drum Jings ewe. A great chance to buy rare UK genetics.










WillowGarden Lentil has been on my 'keep' list until yesterday when I realized that I had to go deeper to stay at 75 ewes. This ewe lamb is an emsket yuglet with a nice fleece. I will have VERY few emskets available for sale this year, so don't hesitate too long if you are interested. Lentil is out of SheltrgPines Hebe (emsket blettet) and Willowgarden Duke Ellington (emsket smirslet).








I was sure that WillowGarden Delicata would stay on my 'keep' list, but since I will be using two spotted katmoget rams for breeding next Fall, I moved her to my sales list. This little girl has a perfectly formed smirslet marking that gives her a pink nose ... and I am a sucker for a pink nose! She is out of EIEIO Santana (an off black smirslet ewe) and WillowGarden Smokey Robinson (grey katmoget gulmoget).







The last two ... for now ... are mother and daughter. WillowGarden Carmen Miranda is a very dark grey two year old katmoget out of Cherrington Elizabeth and Claystone Solomon Grundy. The sire for the ewe lamb, WillowGarden Hazel Nut, is out of Great Plains King Arthur (an exquisite F2 Minder fawn katmoget). As you can see, there are some uncommon genetics in both of these animals.

MANY more exceptional ewes and ewe lambs later ... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»