Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Incubator

Well ... just to show that I DO listen to those who respond to questions I pose on this blog ... here is a picture of my Blue Splash Silky hen who has decided to hatch out her five eggs on her own. Indeed ... we'll let nature take her course. Eggs are due to hatch November 10/11. Wooo Hooo ... :-)
I did also buy the incubator so that I'll have it. The lovely woman who I bought it from reduced her price and made all of the shipping arrangements to get it to me as smoothly and cheaply as possible. Thank you Manon!

Life ... is good ... :-)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Yea Bill (and that lovely Silky)!

Although children do adore the close contact they can have with tiny chicks, watching mama hen raised chicks is a much better lesson for them to be exposed. The sacrifice of time, food and comfort from the hen is a wonderful example for children of the work of parenting. And the charming chicks -observing and imitating mama's every move- are priceless moments of education in the value and wisdom of elders.

I've never met a heated nest-box that could come close, lol.

Good for you guy.