Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Home ... with new birds ... :-)

... a pair of Welsummers, to add to the three pullets that I have ...
... a quartet of Cuckoo Marans to put with the one hen that I already have ...
... and a pair of Black Penedesencas ... to breed as a pair since that is all that I can find. (I found a supplier of rare chicks in Granby PQ ... which might mean a visit with an old fiend and her swans next Spring when I get some unrelated birds to make a quartet or a trio ... :-)

And ... I got to have brunch with my sister as well in Guelph.

Life ... is good ... :-)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Never heard of a Penedesenca, so you prompted me to look them up. Fascinating -- and thanks!

Bill Stearman said...

I'm breeding these three breeds, plus Barneveleder (I have a quartet of them). All four breeds are beautiful to look at ... and lay darker brown eggs. I am LOVING the sound of the crowing competitions between these four boys already ... :-)

Cynthia said...

Bill, what are your housing options for the chickens? I looked into the Penedesenca (an old friend has them in Virginia) but was told they would not do well in our extreme cold without a heated barn. You'll have to keep us informed about how they do for you.

We've got our Orpington's, Chantecler's and Marans settled for this year; hoping to start the Welsummer's and Easter Egger's next spring. I would love to add the Penedesenca if they can handle our management.

You've certainly brought in some handsome stock Bill!

Juliann said...

Very cool! :)