Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

Scott, my Narragansett tom, joins me in wishing you all ... the happiest of Thanksgivings ... on this Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend!

I have had a couple of really 'different' years for the past while. Many times I thought that I should just give in to the easy route and go on and on about how hard my life is. But ... each time I start to think that way, I am reminded of the MANY times that my grandfather Stearman said to me ... "It's the same life no matter how you look at it ... so I choose to look at it in a positive light." Those words have helped me a lot ... and I find that the more I think that way ... the more I am surrounded by others who think that way.
Life is good. I have my health. I have the means to survive and pursue my goals. I have the love and support of my family and friends. I have wonderfully caring and supportive neighbours. I have my animals. I have respect, pride and comfort with who I am. I have Pete. I have Will, Anna, and Jamie. I have dreams and things that I want to accomplish. I have the light of my God within, and all around me. I awaken everyday feeling thankful and 'ready to roll' ... :-)

Indeed, life is VERY good ... and I am thankful.

3 comments:

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Bill. Your grandpa was very wise, and you are wise to have taken his words to heart. By focusing on the positive, you remind those around you...and those that read your blog...to do the same. So thank you for that.

BTW-Scott is a gorgeous tom. :)

Hopeful Farm said...

Words to live by Bill and happy thanksgiving. Poor Tom Michele

Juliann said...

How wise your Grandfather was, Bill. I'll have to write that quote down and visit it frequently.
Suffering is always relative when we compare it to the suffering of others. We are blessed, expecially when we accept God's love. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.