Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Dailley Flock

Here are shots taken of the first Shetland sheep that I ever met ... the Dailley flock (NASSA flock #1) in 2000 or 2001. I post these shots since not everyone gets to visit (and handle) this flock as much as I have ... :-).

When we had the AGM here in 2005, Carole had jusy sheared the flock and we didn't get to see the fleeces on sheep.

In light of recent discussions about fleece in Shetlands, I hope folks find these pictures of interest.











5 comments:

Angela Rountree said...

thank you, I found these photos very educational, and reassuring!!! I am sorry you had to "moderate" your blog comments, and hope things will soon calm down.

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Thanks for the pictures Bill. I lost my pictures from the 2005 AGM, so I'm relying on my somewhat deteriorating memory. Keep them coming.

Rich

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

Bill these are exactly the photos I've been wanting to see! Thank you so very much for posting them. This solves a lot of mysteries :)

Theresa said...

Thanks for putting up the pictures, Bill! The Dailley flock is just like I remembered but with more fleece on them, nice and crimpy. Theresa

Juliann said...

Bill Thank you for ALL these photos! Please keep them coming! I've been DYING to know what the Dailley sheep (and Maple Ridge) look like.
I'm going to save these and refer to them when evaluating my own sheep.