Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Breeding Groups - Aman

This year, I am breeding just 23 ewes for my own flock. This is the lowest number since my first year, but they are awesome girls ... bred to awesome boys and I am thrilled at the thought of what my lambs will be like!

I am synchronizing ewes so that I am able to use more of the wonderful rams that reside here at Willow Garden. I have the first 18 ewes synchronized and in with their six rams right now. 14 of these ewes are sold as 'ewes exposed to rams'. Four are mine. I post a seperate entry for each ram used this round. I will only post the ewes of my own in each group.

FirthofFifth Aman AI (AFD 26.3, SD 4.9, CV 18.7) continues to impress me ... colour, conformation, attitude, presence, FLEECE! I used him extensively last Fall and kept many of his daughters. I also expect that he'll be here for a while and I can use him on Holiday or Red Velvet daughters. I am breeding one ewe to him ... WillowGarden Amaretto (AFD 24.2, SD 5.6 CV 23.1). Amaretto is a mioget katmoget out of a Dailley Iris daughter and a spotted katmoget ram out of Todhill Glayva. Last Spring this mating produced a beautiful mioget ewe lamb that I lost to the coy/wolf.


1 comment:

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Impressive Bill! Not bad for a Canadian.

Rich