Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

Too Good To Be True

I have recently been reminded of one of life's rules ... If it seems to good to be true, then it likely is.

I thought that one buyer was purchasing everything on my sale list. Since the sale list was short, this didn't surprise me as I often sell larger numbers of animals to new breeders . But then, 'the post office returned the envelope' containing my deposit back to his farm.

Then I discover that he is 'buying' sheep from many other Shetland breeders I know to establish a flock of 300 breeding Shetland ewes ... but none of the other breeders have ever met him or received payment from him either. He is also 'buying' large numbers of Alpaca, Llama, Jacob Sheep, and the list just keeps growing!

Recently, I gave a date by which I would need the deposit in cash or by certified cheque. BIG SURPRISE ... He is no longer interested in buying my sheep ... :-)

So ... either later today, or tomorrow, I'll post an expanded sales list.

I'll also make an exciting announcement that will involve my extension dominant Shetland ewes. Shhhhh. It is a secret ... at the moment ... hehehe

Oh what the heck ... here is a clue ... ;-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry about the situation, Bill. How strange; what is this person possibly trying to accomplish? Doesn't sound like a scam as in trying to get money out of you; do they just like jerking people's chains?

Vicki Foster said...

I thought it was too good to be true, but I was cautiously optimistic ... and now I have a HUGE flock to sell. Life and learn. Murphy Law says ... hehehe