Pages

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Last Lamb of the Season

I thought this little guy was going to arrive during yesterday's Shearing/Open House, but he held off until the middle of last night. He is an awesome smirslet, sokket, gulmoget ram ... who appears to have no sign of any horns ... :-).
He is out of a bred, spotted gul/kat ewe lamb that I bought from Sara Scholtes at Harmony Marsh Farm. This boy is a Tisket gulmoget, so will be retained, pending his development. His name is WillowGarden Port Rowan, in honour of my friend Karen, who drove all the way from Port Rowan to visit the farm yesterday.
Quite the way to end lambing ... :-)

Now who can deny that ... Life is good!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, that is indeed a very fine finale! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hey Bill, I had my last lamb yesterday too! Sydney had a little black ewe lamb that is going to be grey, I can tell. I thought Sydney was homozygous white, but I guess not. Was kind of hoping for another white ewe lamb but oh well, lambing is over and I have 22 lambs and no deaths. Like you I had more singles this year. Ariel is raising the 5th and 6th lambs she's had for me since coming here, and Sydney (the slacker) is on her 3rd in the same time period.