Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

New Berkshire Boy(s)

Today I picked up an 8 week old Berkshire barrow. He is very cute! His mom's name is 'Kate' ... so I wondered about naming him 'Kate's Boy' ... or 'Tim' (hehehe) ... but have opted for 'Ham' (short for Hamilton ... ;-).
He is also MUCH smaller than my Large Black gilts, which are just a month older.
I am thinking that I should have brought along a brother for him to hangout with. I have called the breeder to see if one is still available ... Life is good!

PS ... there is still one available, so I will pick up my second choice, 'Hawks', short for 'Hawksbury', in the morning! In keeping the Ontario towns naming theme for the year, the two Large Black Pigs are ... 'Smoky', short for 'Smoky Falls' ... and 'Pork', short for 'Pork Rapids' (an Ontario ghost town). Yah gotta love the internet ... hehehe

Did I say that life is good? ... oh yah ... just above ... but it REALLY is ... :-)

1 comment:

Aagaard Farms said...

We'll get our Berk piglets in another couple of weeks! The meat is soooo good! I'll be interested in how you find the Large Blacks.