Pages

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Exciting News!

Well ... here is my BIG news ... :-)

In July, I will be importing two rams from the USA. One will be a registered Cormo (white), and one will be a coloured Cormo X.
This is a pictures of James when he was a baby. He was born in early December, so he is a big boy now ... and ready to take on a bunch of Shetland ewes. He is extension dominant, which is how he got the colour out of a white breed. I'll be using him on some of my spotted and modified colour ewes (mioget & emsket) in order to get wildly spotted sheep and modified colours in a Cormo fleece (Cormo sheep generally micron under 23 AFD!).
Above is James' sires fleece. Below is his dam's.
I am also looking at three purebred (and thus white) Cormo rams and will select one to import. He will be used to breed to my extension dominant Shetland ewes, and any others that I can find to purchase.

I WILL continue to breed purebred Shetlands, to be sure ... but ... I am excited to see what comes out of this cross ... :-)

4 comments:

kkaci said...

Me too! (Excited, that is.) Hurray!

Aagaard Farms said...

Wow! You're just acquiring new friends all over! And is the kitty named for beer foam? Or is there a town in Ontario called Suds?

Bill Stearman said...

Suds is named after beer foam ... keeping the the Rodent Control Team naming theme. The other two are Bob and Doug, the Mackenzie brothers. Life is good!

Danny Hansen said...

Yay Corlands!