Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ram Lambs

Once again, like last year, the ram lambs out number the ewe lambs ... 8 to 6. We are just at the half way point, so thinks could change.
This little guy, WillowGarden Kingston is out of WillowGarden Kurrant and Li'l Country Greyson. He might go grey, but I see no indication that he will ... so he is Extension Dominant like his dam.
Here are three pictures of WillowGarden Toronto, a moorit gulmoget ram lamb. He is out of Hopeful Sarah and Wintertime Red Velvet. The dam is a gul/kat, with the gulmoget being from Canadian lines that don't include the full chest stripe or the side dusting. The sire is a Dillon gulmoget. I suspect this guy is At/At with both lines of gulmoget presenting themselves. Time will tell.
He has an unusual amount of phaeo, but then so did his dam.
I'll keep him around for a while to see what comes of him.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my! He is just too cute!

Michelle said...

Hey, at least you got SOME girls! Guls and kats are the most cunning-looking lambs, aren't they?

Juliann said...

Awww. He looks like a little baby deer.

Unknown said...

Wish you were in USA, I got a beautiful fawn gul. ewe lamb this year I would love to find a nice pure bred Shetland Gul. Ram that color. I breed for wool quality, color, and markings in My pure bred Shetland, and for lg. size black, red, w/gul. markings and fleece quality in My Soay Shetland Xs.