Pages

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dexter Cows

Well, my friend Doug wanted some livestock to utilze his barn and about an acre of good pasture ... so ... I sold him Hazel (the big milking shorthorn) and T-Bone (the 'free' calf). He also took Amber (milking Shorthorn heifer calf) as she is not yet old enough to wean ... but she'll be coming back by early summer.

This leaves me with four cows ...
... Marjori, a long yearling that I'll breed later via AI ...
Millie, who was bred by Marvin, the Magnificent, before he 'went away' ...
... Madge, also bred by Marvin ...
... and Mary, a November calf.

I will be adding two more cows to the herd next week ... November and December heifer calves ... with some awesome genetics. More about them when I have worked out how I will get them here in the middle of lambing. They are 7 1/2 hours away. I sure hope that Pete is up for a road trip ... ;-)

Life is good!

No comments: