Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Lambs

Well ... my lambs seem to be coming one at a time. But considering the poor pasture and poor quality hay from last year ... this makes sense as 'nature' looks after its own.

This little doll above is WillowGarden Woodstock. She is out of WillowGarden Liberia AI and WindyMeadows Columbo.
This is WillowGarden Salem. She is mioget and carrying spots. She was a small single ... go figure, eh!
Here is the prize of the weekend ... WillowGarden Brighton. He is a black ram, carrying spots, with an AWESOME looking fleece. His dam is Great Plains Sara AI, an F1 Minder 1999 ewe. His sire is WillowGarden Garnish, who combines the best of both of my AI import sires.
And finally, from my ED ewes, a HUGE ED black ewe our of WillowGarden Kagera AI (F1 Glayva) and Lil' Country Greyson. I was expecting twins from this ewe ... but at well over 9 pounds ... I guess she is 'two in one'.

Life is so good!

3 comments:

kkaci said...

Bill, could you help me with something? Looking at Woodstock (OH SO CUTE btw ;-) ..) and Salem ... how do you KNOW that Salem is mioget? Is Woodstock moorit? Is it something visible you see (the photos aren't true to colour), or do you know this based on parentage/genetics?

Thank you! As always, perplexed lol.

Bill Stearman said...

I think that Woodstock is musket as her sire is Ag/Aa and she has a hint of sugar around her lips. She COULD be mioget as well, but more likely just musket.

Salem is out of a mioget ewe and Holiday, who carries the modifier. When I looked at her fleece in the arm pit area, I can see it already lightening slightly at the base.

Of course, time will verify all of this ... :-)

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Lovely lambs, Bill.
And congratulations on the heifers!