Pages

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ray Charles ... Crossing Off Angola

Well ... it didn't take long for MY turn to come, did it?

My name is Dailley Ray Charles. I am a magificent, emsket ram ... with wide sweeping horns ... GREAT conformation (INCLUDING my Tail, little Miss Elsie Marley!). I have a decent fleece that is quite even and evenly crimped. I think that I am a pretty good looking guy ... and I've had no complaints from the ladies ... if you know what I mean ... ;-)

So ... why am I on here, if I am so good? Bill says it is because he has used me for two seasons and that he has all of my genetics that he needs. He actually TOLD me that! Can YOU imagine!!! He must think that just because I am a GUY ... that I am not in touch with my inner self. Well ... I want you to know, Bill ... That HURT!
The REAL reason I am for sale ... at least the way I see things ... is even worse. It all started when those lady Vets came and started 'doing it' with the ewes using STRAWS and a SCOPE! That has Bill all excited about 'rams in a tube' ... FROZEN ... and then shipped across the world! If I were in a glass STRAW ... THEN he'd keep me!

Don't get me wrong. I like Bill. He is a good shepherd ... and he has assured me that he'll find me a good home with people who'll appreciate me as a breeding RAM. But, boy ... as I see it ... Bill has some VERY confused notions right now. I mean ... rams in a frozen STRAW! *phew*

AND Kismet gets to stay! He's OLD. What's up with THAT one!?!

Anyway … I want to tell you about the country that was crossed off the list of the 55 countries in Africa ... with the donation from Bill's sister, Betty Cecchetto. You will all remember Bill's pledge to save one baby for each country in Africa, through the Mother-to-child HIV Prevention program.

Angola ... life expectancy at birth for the population there ... 38.62 years. 240,000 people living with HIV/AIDS (2003). 21,000 HIV/AIDS deaths (2003)

53 countries ... which means 53 more babies ... to go.

And, hey ... if you want a REAL ram, as opposed to one of those frozen straws ... talk to Bill about buying me!

No comments: