Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Athena ... Crossing off Burkina Faso

I'm not the least bit surprised to be on Bill's sale list. I've been on it before ... a few times! He actually even sold me once, shipped me, with my lamb ... to New Brunswick. Then he bought me BACK ... and shipped me across eastern Canada again ... and NOW he wants to sell me YET AGAIN! I am feeling just a little bit unsettled here!

My name is SheltrgPines Athena. I was one of the original group of sheep that Bill brought in from Michigan. I WAS his only white ewe ... until he bought TWO others ... and then he used that rotten white Whistle Stop Lerwick as a breeding ram and got LOTS of white lambs. So now, he figures that he doesn't need a nicely conformed, uniform fleeced American girl!

Two of my lambs have been dark brown ... that modified colour that Bill just raves about. And right now ... I am bred to Dailley Ray Charles, who is emsket coloured ... and a real HUNK!! Our babies will be BEAUTIFUL!

Oh wow ... and THIS one hurts. Bill just told me that I am available NOW bred to Ray ... if anyone WANTS me. Well ... somebody had better buy me fast. I want OUT OF HERE!

Anyway ... I do get to do something nice while I am here. Today is Stephen Rouse's mother's 94th birthday. Instead of sending her flowers ... Bill made a $75 donation to his Mother-to-Child HIV Prevention project in her name.

That is the fifth baby saved since Bill started this project.

If someone buys me ... then Bill ... and his two Saint Carols ... will each donate $25 to this project ... and another baby will have life. Anyway ... for each baby saved ... one of us gets to tell you about the country that we are crossing off of the list.

Burkina Faso ... life expectancy at birth - 48.85 years ... people living with HIV/AIDS - 300,000 ... deaths due to HIV/AIDS - 29,000 (2003 stats)

No comments: