Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Elsie Marley ... Crossing Off Algeria

I can’t believe that he is making ME go first!

My name is WillowGarden Elsie Marley, and I was one of the FIRST lambs born at Willow Garden ... like THAT seems to matter! I am a true fawn ewe, with fine features and a VERY nice fleece. That tuft on the top of my head was a white krunet at birth ... and I have had several spotted lambs.

My conformation is good, although Bill thinks that my tail is ‘acceptable, but a little heavy'. I wanna tell those of you who have not seen Bill lately that HE should be so lucky as to have ONLY the problem that I do with my tail in terms of HIS conformation! The man has become MORE that a LITTLE heavy!

I am the dam of WillowGarden Duke Ellington, who sired many of the mioget and emsket ewes in Bill’s flock. Duke was 'best lamb's fleece on hoof' at the 2005 AGM Shetland show.

Even as we speak, I am bred via AI (and if you think THAT is fun for a ewe, read back through Bill’s blog!).

Bill says that I am available for sale after I have weaned my lambs. I feel very much like yesterday's news, being put out to recycling. But … Bill has promised me that I will not go to just ANY farm. If you want me, you’ll have to apply for the privilege of buying me. That makes me feel a BIT better … but not much. I am doing my BEST not to mention Bill’s IMMENSE size … as that might seem to be sour grapes … but … hmmmm

Anyway … I want to tell you about the country that was crossed off the list of 55 with the donations from the wonderful Educational Assistants who work with Bill.

Algeria ... 9,100 people living with AIDS/HIV in 2003.

Just 54 more countries to go.

Anyone wanna buy ME ... :-)


No comments: