Pages

Monday, January 15, 2007

Mae West ... Crossing Off Benin

Well ... I'M not surprised to be on this list of sheep for sale! Ever since that thing with OKRA last Spring ... geesh! Like it was MY fault that the little b*tch crawled out of my jug and got licked dry by that meddling Cleome! And it sure wasn't my fault that she wanted NOTHING to do with me, her MOTHER, after that! That little trollup was just no darned good ... right from the start ... just a trouble maker! BUT ... everyone just LOVED her! CUTE ... is so VERY over-rated!

Anyway ... I'm on the Sale List ... so ... I'll tell you about me ...

My name is WillowGarden Mae West. I am a moorit katmoget with a VERY nice fleece. I have a CUTE face ... and ... I am Gene's favourite ewe. Really ... he TOLD me that! Obviously, though ... he forgot to tell BILL!

My conformation is wonderful ... so good that I was one of the ewes who was denied the chance to 'court' with a ram ... and instead ... had to put up with the straw and the scope.

I have a tendency toward being on the 'fuller figure' side of the scale. My Mom was the same way. My sire, Glanmore Kat Burgler certainly wasn't inclined to be heavy ... and boy was he a looker!

I'm not worried about being on this list. My genetic lines are pretty rare in Canada ... and I KNOW that someone will want me ... ;-).

So ... I'll just tell you about the country that I get to cross off in Bill's quest to save 55 babies in Africa this year through the Mother-to-child HIV/AIDS Prevention Program. This one was funded by family and friends of Bill's, over the Christmas season.

Benin ... life expectancy at birth for the population there ... 53.04 years (that would have Bill LONG gone!). 68,000 people living with HIV/AIDS (2003). 5,800 deaths due to HIV/AIDS (2003).


52 countries ... and thus 52 babies ... left to save ... ;-)

No comments: