Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Live By Your Heart

I have a lot of sheep ... and LOTS more coming. This picture was early summer, but there are STILL a lot of sheep here ... :-).

There will be some tough decisions for me to make as the year progresses. If my breeding program is working, and I think it is ... then I will want to keep a lot of the lambs. And since 75 ewes is the MAX that this farm and this aging shepherd can handle ... there will be MANY sheep for sale that I'd happily keep here FOREVER ... but ... can't do it!

I have decided to let each sheep that is for sale tell about a country in Africa as the dollars come in to save another baby through the Mother-to-Child HIV Prevention program. The 55 countries in Africa created the goal for the number of babies that I hope to offer a chance at life to. I hope that 55 sheep can tell you their stories ... and share information about a country in Africa.

Remember my pledge that for every sheep that I sell (excluding the meat guys) ... I will donate $25 to my Be a Child's Hero program? That amounts to one baby in Africa being born with a chance at LIFE for every 3 sheep that I sell!

Here is the news that I've had you all waiting for ... :-). For every sheep that I sell, I will donate $25 to the charity that has captured my passion ... BUT ... so will my friend Carol Arthur!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Do you all see how this could grow?

Are there others who could match this generous offer of support? ... or a smaller amount per sheep?

Are there people who could donate a portion of the sales from their OWN sheep?

My plea to you all is this ... live by your heart. Be compasionate to the needs of the MANY who have so much less than we do.

I am aware that many of you have charities of your own that you support ... with YOUR HEART! Please ... don't stop doing that in order to support my project ... but ... tolerate my passion to do my bit to ensure that as many babies in Africa as possible are born to LIVE, and not to slowly die ... ;-)

AND ... if you send me comments through this blog about YOUR charity of choice, and you include a link ... I might just post the links in that section of my blog.

Lets make this BLOG live by OUR hearts ... :-)


It is only through living by our hearts that ALL of the world can know the happiness that we live with!

Life is so very, very good ... *sigh*

No comments: