Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Gifts Didn't Stop There ... :-)

Besides the gift from my staff that will save a baby in Africa's life ... and the gift from my sister that will do the same thing ... I also got enough cash from my kids, my partner, and my friends ... to Become a Child's Hero TWO MORE TIMES!

Thank you Gene, Kate, Tim, and Jill!!

This weekend, as I take down our tree ... normally something I don't look forward to ... I will remind myself as I pack away each decoration ... that this was a wonderful Christmas. I will never forget just how amazing it feels to get gifts for the charity of my choice.

AIDS/HIV is devastating Africa. Women and children are the ones with the greatest need. I am just one person. What can I do? I was left feeling helpless. So ... instead of trying to cure the continent ... too big a task for anyone, even me ... ;-) ... I will save the lives of babies throughout the year ... and I will do it ... ONE BABY AT A TIME! So far ... four babies will have a chance at life. My goal is to give 50 babies a chance at life this year!

THANK YOU to all who have supported me ... and those who will support me
. This project is likely the most important thing I have ever done ... :-)
Happy 2007 ... the year I will spend ... saving as many babies in Africa as I can!

No comments: