Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2011

My Week!

What a busy week I had ... so busy that I didn't have (take) the time to update my blog.

So ... here is my week just gone by ...

Monday ... I returned from my new friends Rich's and Wayne's farm near Davison Michigan.  What great guys.  What awesome food, drink and laughter.  What wonderful animals.  And what a beautiful boy came home in the back of my truck!  Panda is a Coloured Merino with a very fine fleece.
 Tuesday ... Matt, the young man across the road who used to work for me when he was a kid ... came over and we did annual vaccinations for the sheep ... and took fleece samples to send off for testing.  Thanks for your help Matt!  It was like the 'old days'! 
 Wednesday ... I went with my friend and neighbour, Sam, from Seventh Town Alpaca Ranch, to look at Suri Alpaca.  Butterscoth is pictured below, but she is not likely the one I will buy.  I'm looking at a very cute bay black.  I am hoping that she'll be bred when she comes ... :-)
 Thursday ... Mark and I went to visit my friends Liz and Deni at Eliden Farm.  Liz is another Dexter-a-holic and also an awesome cheese maker and cook!  We had an great visit!
 Friday ... I finished up the phone calls, forms, and cross checking needed for me to import Ziek from Midhill Dexters, in New York State.  It looks like we are about 30 days away from his arrival here ... :-)
 Saturday ... I decided that my wrist was likely broken, so I headed for Trenton Hospital for x-rays ... and a cast.  Fortunately, it is a clean break and didn't require surgery or pulling to set it.  I'd like to say that I fell while skiing, but in reality, I fell on Friday night ... while running in stocking feet ... on steep-ish stairs that don't have a runner on them (but will soon) ... trying to get to a ringing phone.  All in all, I am adjusting well and quite enjoying the little bit of extra TLC that I am getting from Pete ... :-)
So ... that is the week that was.  All things considered, it was a 'Life is good' week ... :-) 

5 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Other than the broken wrist, it sounds like an awesome week! I can't believe (although, I also don't know how I could be surprised!) that you're getting an alpaca! :-) They do have lovely fiber though. You do know that you need more than one, don't you? I know that when Becky U. got one the "alpaca people" just about stoned her because she didn't have two...

Keep on being Happy!

Hopeful Farm said...

Hi Bill, Hope your wrist isn't too painful and you're feeling better. I could say that maybe the universe is telling you to slow down al little but you probably figured that out already lol. I've been looking for some suri fleece so please keep me in mind at shearing time. I fell last week as well, but the universe only kicked me in the backside, Michele

uglydog75 said...

Sorry to hear about the broken wrist...

Personally, I think that the Universe is telling you that you're SO GOOD, you can handle it all with only one "good" hand for a while. That's kind of like one hand tied behind your back, right?

I was so glad to hear that Panda settled in so well with his new buddies - it just shows it was meant to be!

Don't break anything else!

Kelly said...

Sending warm, fuzzy, healing thoughts your way.

Dutch Hollow said...

Love your blog and your photos!

I've started up a Fiber Animal Wordless Wednesday and would love it if you'd join us at http://www.alpacabytes.com