Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Iris Granddaughters

In early Spring of 2003, I found Iris in the Dailley flock.  Actually, I think that Iris found ME!
She was a wild thing when I brought her home and went over several fences within her first hour on the farm.
 Iris was a beautiful colour and had a distinctive look/stance about her.
 Over the years, she mellowed and we become friends.  She knew that she was my favourite, and responded to this by ALMOST acting like she cared a bit about me.
 She had many lambs, but only gave me one daughter ... which I sold to someone who begged to buy her because of her emsket colour.
 Iris passed away toward the end of last summer.  She had always singled, but in her last year she had twin ram lambs that she lost to coyotes.  She was never herself after that.
She had an AWESOME fleece!
I have a lot of her genetics in my flock ... including these three granddaughters.  You sure can see the resemblance to Iris!  All three of these girls are bred to HarmonyMarsh DaVinci, a spotted emsket ram.
They are due to lamb in about two weeks.  What a great way to start into the 2011 lambing season!
Life is good!

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

OMG! What a beautiful fleece!!!

Kelly said...

At the risk of copying Nancy.....OMG, what beautiful fleece!
Kudos.

stephen rouse said...

at the risk of copying Nancy AND Kelly.... OMG, what a beautiful fleece! :-)