Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

WillowGarden Whispy

 This little girl was born in the wee hours of the morning ... a spotted mioget ewe lamb out of WillowGarden Nicole Kidman ( a WillowGarden Garnish daughter), and Spring Water Lamb Friday (a WillowGarden Garnish son).  Garnish was an awesome spotted, mioget, scurred katmoget ram with an AMAZING fleece!  I lost him to a freak incident, so was excited to get the chance to buy Friday, his son.
 I actually would preferred a ram lamb out of this breeding, but I am NOT complaining!  As you can see, Nicole is a katmoget, even though she has no colour on most of her body.  I'm excited to have a non-katmoget lamb out of her.
I expect that this lamb will be a keeper as well.  Looks like there will have to be a few ewes on the sales list if I am going to keep some of these lambs!

Now ... I await the arrival of my Corlands ... Shetland ewes X with a Cormo ram.  I can hardly wait!

Life is good!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Bill, I see this lamb (who is VERY flashy) is out of half-sibs. What considerations do you make when considering a cross this close? My best ram is out of one of my ewes and had a half-sister born this year; I'm thinking about future pairings.

stephen rouse said...

wow... love these markings. That is some FLASH!

Unknown said...

Been checking daily on your new lambs arrival. And happy to report my lambs are arriving too. Ia m so thrilled.
Willow garden Cumin had her twin lambs today.Could u e mail in regards to Cumin papers please:)