Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The First Wave of My Birds!

The first of my summer birds have arrived at Willow Garden.  This is one of my favourite times of year on the farm!
 We have 20 Broad Breasted Bronze Turkeys.  Not all are spoken for, so contact me if you are interested in a bird for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
 Above are 21 Light Brahmas.  These are gentle egg layers that also grow to be a decent sized eating bird.  I have never had this breed before, so we'll see how we like them!
Also arriving today are eight Embden Geese.  There are a few of these not spoken for as well, so if you'd like one come Fall, let me know.

Tomorrow, I have 50 meat bird pullets coming.  I hope to finish these at 3 to 5 pounds as that seems to be a better size for lots of families.  30 of them are sold, so there are 20 more for folks who are interested.  I'll be doing some bigger ones that will be ready in the Fall.

1 comment:

Aagaard Farms said...

It must be Spring - there's babies galore!