Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend Lambing Update

What a  glorious weekend!  The weather forecast was terrible ... but the weather we got was absolutely wonderful ... by comparison.  And there was lots of lambing going on!
 I sold WillowGarden Vanessa Redgrave last Fall, and then bought her back bred in the Winter as her new owner was going through some difficult times.  On Friday, she had this little boy.  His fleece type is not anything that interests me for a breeding ram, but I have a buyer looking for three wethers and this guy will be perfect for their use.
 Then later on Friday, WillowGarden Guinea, who NEVER disappoints me delivered a white ram (Bismark) and a black ewe (Beaulagh), out of my white Cormo ram, Stetser Douglas.  The ram is amazing!


On Sunday, WillowGarden Aurora, a gul/kat yearling ewe delivered this very tiny and perfect gul/kat ram (Stormy) out of WillowGarden Clinton, an ED yearling ram.  No sign of horns just yet, so I may keep him to cross on some of my cloured (ED) Corlands this Fall.
 Also on Sunday, WillowGarden Kagera delivered an 8 1/2 pound ewe lamb (Burgess), again out of my Corland ram Douglas.
And then early this morning, WillowGarden Helen Hayes produced a black krunet ram lamb (Hobart), and a black ewe lamb with a tiny krunet (Hiedelburgh).  Again these lambs were sired by my Corlnd ram, Stetser Douglas.

One more ewe was bred (twice that I saw) by Douglas, but she seems to have aborted both times as she has just the tiniest udder, and it is shrinking.  

So ... the final Corland tally is
  • one black krunet ram
  • two white rams
  • five black ewes, most with small krunets
  • one grey ewe (don't ask me how that happened!)
Now ... to watch them grow ... :-)

No comments: