Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Willow Garden Xavier

I came home from Yellowknife and was greeted by this little guy. He is a beautiful dun bull calf born early Monday morning, August 30th. Pete just found him dried off and nursing when he went out to do chores in the morning.
He has moved out with the heifers for now and will move out with the cows ... and the bull ... in a few weeks.
I like him a lot, and considering his genetics and his colour, he will be left intact for evaluation as he grows.
His dam is Aldebaran Hollis, the dun cow that I fell in love with ... and bought ... when I was shopping for a bull.
His sire is Dreamland Samson. This guy has almost all of the qualities that I look for in a bull.
What a welcome home!! ... Life is good!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Welcome home!

What a wonderful welcome, and what a handome chap!

Kelly said...

OOOHHH, I love the duns!!! And what a great looking calf, but after seeing his mom, I see why he's so handsome. Congrats!