Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Cows

These are my five cows. They each bring their own strengths to the herd. They are a calm and gentle group. Even Faith who had a frightening start to life here, has quietened down nicely and trusts us.

I love my Dexters!
Valean's Marjori is bred for a late May calf. She was a bottle baby and raised by a young girl, so she is dog tame, and my Grandkids favourite. I will test her to see if she is a Chondro carrier. If she is, I'll just test all of her calves. She will stay until my Grandkids say that I can sell her ... :-)
I love this old girl, Valean's Faith. She is 16 years old and lost her calf this year to coyotes before she came to me. She is also bred for a late May calf. She is taller than the rest of my cows, but has produced lots of shorter calves. She will live here, with lots of TLC, for as long as she is able.
Amber Dawn's Ramona is 5 years old and bred for an early June calf. She will be de-horned in December. I like her a lot. She is Sir Loin's dam!
Seven Oaks Honeybun is an awesome cow. She is also bred for an early June calf. She is 12 years old, but sure doesn't look it.
I think that Aldebaran Hollis has become my favourite cow. She is also 12 years old and in great shape. She is Xavier's dam and will be bred via AI for a July calf.

No comments: