Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Extension Dominant Ewes

I have 6 extension dominant ewes in my flock. I can't bring myself to cull them! I did cull an ED lamb this year because her fleece was so awful, but these ones just make me smile.

The three moorits are all 2007 Todhill Glayva daughters ... Guinea, Kagera, and Zambia. All three of them are Ab/Aa as their actual genotype.

The two mature blacks are out of Todhill Hornblower ... Nubia and Lake Victoria. they are actually white or grey.

There is one yearling that is a out of a Karera and WillowGarden Twist (Awt/Ab).




WillowGarden Guinea is my favourite ... :-)

3 comments:

Karen Valley said...

Put them on a boat and float them over Lake Superior to the shoreline by Marquette. I am not worried about extension genes. LOL. If you butcher them I won't speak to you again.

Bill Stearman said...

Oh, they'll not get butchered! They are the reason that I bought the white Cormo boys ... :-)

Franna said...

I agree, Karen. Extension dominance isn't something to be paranoid about, it's something to be understood and used appropriately. Someday! The border will open going south again.