Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Three More For Sale - SOLD

I have added three more ewe lambs to my sale list. These are from my 'keeper' group, but I know that I'll have tough decisions to make once lambs arrive ... so I am making some of the decisions now ... :-)
WillowGarden Patricia Neal is a grey 2009 lamb out of WillowGarden Guinea AI, a Todhill Glayva moorit daughter and WillowGarden Shake, F2, F3 Greyling, F3 Minder. I have retained Guinea and am expecting lambs from her soon. The 'bad haircut' is from Patricia 'playing' with the LGD puppies ... grrrr
WillowGarden Maggie Smith is a 2009 black gulmoget ewe lamb out of Hopeful Sarah, a gulmoget/katmoget ewe from Michele Minty's breeding, and Firth if Fifth Aman AI, a mioget Heights Orion son. I have retained the dam and the sire of this ewe.
WillowGarden Julie Christie is a 2009 moorit ewe lamb out of HarmonyMarsh Willow (an Iris grand-daughter) and North Wind Holiday AI, a Greenholme Holly son. This ewe is from strong modified colour genetics and will likely be modified (mioget?) herself. I have used Holiday extensively and have retained Julie's dam.

These are exceptional animals that would make a great starter flock. If only sheep from me are on your farm, I will include use of a ram for breeding next Fall. With the use of a moorit based katmoget ram, this flock could produce all colours and patterns, with the exception of white.

No comments: