Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Welcome ... She Doesn't HAVE a Name yet!

Pete and I went to meet the 10 month old Maremma today. She is beautiful and was not at all aggressive. She was somewhat aloof, since we were strangers ... but ... she is lovely and we got to watch her with the sheep.
I'm going to pick her up on Friday in the morning. I'll be home with her all day Friday. Pete will be here Saturday night and all day Sunday. I'll try to get Kate, Tim and Anna over so that she is used to 'littler people'.
I also need to get my neighbours over so that she knows them ... so that I can get away every now and then.
I'll keep you all posted on the introduction into the flock ... the pack ... and the family ... :-)

5 comments:

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

oh congrats Bill! Looks like she is going to be quite the assest there! And you can sleep easier at night!

Carol B. said...

I think she will be a wonderful asset to you and your flock. Those are bold predators if they took down an adult, horned ram. But these beautiful white dogs are wonderfully good at keeping the bad canines away. I am glad you got to meet her and see her with sheep.

Heidi said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful.

Hopeful Farm said...

She looks gorgeous, Bill: reminds me a little of Rueben. Good luck with her, she'll be just what you need. Michele

thecrazysheeplady said...

We just added a Maremma/Pyr cross out here too - rough year for so many people. Fascinating dogs. Ours is only 8 months old, but I think he's going to be just fine. Good luck to you and your dog!