Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Construction ... of course it is in progress ... *sigh*

I have recently constructed two small building. The smallest is 6' by 8' and only 6' tall at the highest part. This ... is my Turkey Palace ... :-)

The other is 8' tall at the peak ... and 6' by 16'. It has two rooms. The largest is 6' X 10' and will be for my layers. The other 'room' is 6' X 6' and will have many functions. Right now, it houses my soon to be layers. It might house hens sitting on nests of fertile eggs. And it WILL be my feedroom for grain this winter.

Neither building is finished. Both will look board and batten. Both will be painted.

... AFTER my preditor problem is solved! Joan, my turkey hen, was happy to introduce her poults to the great outdoors in their new 'patio'.
They seem pretty full of themselves and are THRILLED that there is a food dish both inside ... and outside.
They do NOT yet understand about Thanksgiving ... and I sure won't be the one to tell them the details about this holiday as it might relate to them ... ;-)

1 comment:

Kate said...

They look delicious!