Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why The New Puppies

Last summer, I decided to turn the main part of my house into a 'Self-Catering Guest House' and live in a Grandpa Flat in the sunlit, walkout basement. I also decided that 'city folks' paying 'big bucks' for a weekend away, might not come back if the dogs kept them awake all night! So ... I opted to get rid of the dogs and shut the sheep in at night.

The renovations are complete and I am living in my new Grandpa Flat ... but ... a NEW and exciting opportunity presented itself as a way to generate income from the 'Guest House' area. The best part of the new plan is that I won't have to clean the space ... or make the beds!

I will be working with a local Community Living agency to run a 'Teaching Home Placement' upstairs. Two young adults with different abilities will live there and I will provide minor assistance as they acquire the skills needed to transition to full 'supervised independent living' in their own apartment.

This opportunity excites me as it puts the space to good use ... and allows me to continue working with a client population that I LOVE!
I really missed the security that Nick and Kayla provided and decided that the two young lads who will be here in September can adjust to the sound of working dogs, just as I did. After all, this will be their permanaent home for at least a year.

So the puppies are here NOW, in the hopes that I can get them well bonded with the sheep BEFORE the new folk arrive.

As much as I miss Nick and Kayla, I KNOW that they couldn't have a better home than they have with Michele and Gill at Hopeful Shetlands. Thank you Michele!

No comments: