Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Keep Gene In Your Prayers

Gene is weak, and getting weaker each day. He is still at home and able to get around for short distances using a walker and a wheel chair for longer distances. He often drifts off somewhere in mid sentence and forgets things. He has a terrible cough that won't go away, and has had hiccups most of the time for about a week.

He is hoping for another blood transfusion, since his body no longer seems to be manufacturing enough blood. The transfusions do help his energy level.

He remains positive, peaceful, and ready for what is to come. Keep him in your prayers and thoughts ... he needs all of the help that he can get as he deals with this ... :-)

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

You KNOW that I am praying for peace and God's blessings for Bill! I only met him once but he immediately struck me as a very special man. That is why I was so saddened when the two of you went separate ways. Please tell Bill that I am praying for him and that I love him.

Cynthia said...

I have been linking Gene's life to my friends and children for the past several months. Today we pump-up the jam and send wishes that his ending continues to experience the simplicity, grace and ease that he has know to this point. Much love to all of you and a wish that our big hugs -far from you though they may be- are pulling all of us into a huge rainbow of gloriously satisfying .....AAAAAHHHHHH.

thecrazysheeplady said...

He's there!