Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

V Creek Leo's Lambs

Here is another ram that I imported from the US last Fall ... V Creek Leo. Leo is from Maureen Kock's breeding, but I purchased him from Cynthia at FirthofFifth farm. Leo has Dillon, Lightning, Timothy, Greyling, and Holly genetics behind him. I really like the lock structure in his fleece. I didn't use him on a lot of ewes last Fall, and one of them had beed bred earlier by WillowGarden Juice, but his lambs look good. I'll try to use him again next Fall with the hopes of getting an Ag/At or Ab/At ram with very soft, even fleece with his same lock structure.

Here are his babies ...
WillowGarden Broderick Crawford, an off black (likely emsket) ram lamb out of Harmony Marsh November. November is one of the ewes that I got last Fall from Sara and Jamie Scholtes at Harmony Marsh Farm.
WillowGarden Shirlet Booth and her as yet un-named brother are both Ag/Aa. Great Plains Isabell (Ab/At), is my only remaining F1 Greyling and I was hoping for a double patterned ram out of this breeding. I am THRILLED with Shirley though ... ;-)
WillowGarden Piper Laurie is a moorit gulmoget ewe lamb out of Harmony Marsh Ariel. Ariel is a Bramble Nick granddaughter out of Basa (Bramble Nick X Lugthart Goldthread). I suspect that Piper's colour may be modified. I like this little girl!

No comments: