Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh Dear ... *sigh*

Well ... remember that I said I had made on offer on three other sheep? Well ... those three ... turned into FOUR!

Two are daughters of Hattie McDaniel. She was always a favourite, out of my scurred Iris son and Bono Creal Cleome. One is a yearly that I'll use for AI. The other is a lamb out of a WillowGarden Lima son.Then I am keeping one of the ewes that I was going to sell. She is out of SheltrgPines Irene, and Bramble Nick. I will use her for AI this fall as she is exceptional.
And ... one has those funny ears from last summer ... :-). I sold off all of my BFLs, but am so drawn to the fleece and the personalities that I thought I'd give them one more chance. I'll breed her to a Shetland ram first.

These are all from Sara and Jamie at Harmony Marsh Farm. They are taking 8 of my ewes ... and bringing me 8 ewes. That is part of my flock reduction plan ... or is it?

Guess who helped by advising me on THIS one? Yup, my friend Stephen!
hehehe

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh dear, you ARE in need of an intervention, aren't you! I think you'd better stay far, far away from Stephen; he sounds like a fellow addict who doesn't want to lose his "drinking buddy".... Hee!

Nancy said...

Sounding more and more like you need Kayla back...and she'd probably love to come.

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

Stephen is the demon seed (in a good way stephen!) he is one to not say "NO" to you, I tried that with the BFLs and Shetlands and he was almost a pusher! I haven't learned my lesson though, you probably won't either :)

Kara said...

I think I have a problem too, and I think we will be hard pressed to find the right "support person" in this crowd.lol

Pamela said...

What a happy accident to happen upon your blog! What lovely animals and what a peaceful place you have. Thank you so much for sharing.

Pamela said...

Is there some way to subscribe to your blog? I find it extremely intresting and entertaining but I can't find the RSS clicky-thing