Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Healing Nicely ... FINALLY!

It has been a long and painful haul ... but I think I am on the home stretch here.

I didn't manage to stay off my leg very well for the first few days ... and because of taking pain pills, I had no 'feeling' as to how bad it was. I cut my leg on a Thursday night. I went to work the next day ... then wormed the flock on Saturday ... and took fleece samples on Sunday.

By this time, my leg and foot would swell until I couldn't put on shoes and the 'redness' kept inching up my leg. I went to the Doctor and he put me on antibiotics. A week later, I went back to get stitches out and it was still infected. The stitches came out anyway ... and I went back on antibiotics.

As you can see below, the wound is almost healed ... hardly any redness ... and mostly dried up ... and there is almost no swelling by the end of the day.

I will be soooooooooo glad to have my full mobility back. I am a VERY poor patient ... hehehe

1 comment:

Sharrie said...

I would say you are "one lucky duck". That is some wound, and you don't sound like a "very good patient". Glad to read that you are doing better.