Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sheep, Pigs and Dogs

Well, I got a bit of a fright this morning when I went to the barn with my bucket of slop for my pigs. They were no where in sight! Normally they seem to sense that I am coming and run screaming to great me, but not today.

Lately these summer guests have been viewing fences as a sort of suggestion as to where they should be, but they never have wandered far away from the sheep, so I haven't worried. They seem to know that where there are sheep ... there is food not far away ... :-) It had rained all night, and I was sure that my pigs were lost, alone and shivering somewhere.

In desparation ... I called them ... 'Pig, Pig, Pig' ... and waited. Finally pigs, dogs and sheep came pouring out of the back barn! I wish I had had my camera there to get a picture. Kinda cute.

BUT ... they do have there OWN pig stye ... and I will be 'encouraging' them to use it after this weekend ... when I put up an ELECTRIC nose height wire around where I think they should be ... hehehe

No comments: