Pages

Friday, June 09, 2006

Randon Thoughts on a Rainy Friday Morning

Today, it is pictures at random ... although they will start to included some of my ram lambs that may be for sale. I am hoping to get DNA testing results back from many in my flock before I finalize the sale list. At the rate the process is moving though, I may not be able to wait!

Here is one amazing little ewe lamb that everyone seems to have over looked ... WillowGarden Hazelnut. Her dam, WillowGarden Carmen Miranda, has some great lines in her ... and the sire, Great Plains King Arthur, is a magnificent specimen from Carol Arthur's Alberta flock.

Boys ... I'm thinking that both of these will be on my sale list ... WillowGarden Bok Choy (black/white yuglet flecket) and WillowGarden Garbanzo (mioget blettet). They are out of SheltrgPine Kamelya and WillowGarden Duke Elleington. Duke won 'best fleece - lamb' at the 2005 AGM Sheep Show. If they don't sell, I'll keep them for a while.






This little guy, WillowGarden Harcourt, is not actually little at ALL ... quite beefy ... and has an amazingly soft fleece. At the moment he is not for sale. Mainly because he is the finest white ram lamb that I have, but also because I need to watch his horns. The one on the left has a funny turn to it. If his horns go bad, I'll wether him, as his fleece is to die for. His dam, Great Plains Wren, is another of the wonderful ewes imported from Carol Arthur's Alberta flock last Fall. The sire is Whistle Stop Lerwick, leased from the Odessa flock in PEI.







This scene is undoubtedly one that is waiting for me out there right now ... ewes and lambs ... impatient to get out to the back pasture. I better get them out there and make them happy ... and then shower and head for work!

No comments: