Pages

Friday, June 16, 2006

Mornings and Dogs

Here are a couple of pictures of the start of a day for the sheep at Willow Garden.

We start with the treck to the back pasture, which is not visible from the house, and which has scrub brush in it. Without my dogs, I'd never let the sheep out there when I couldn't stay with them.

The first thing that happens is that both dogs do a perimeter check ... and then they crisscross the pasture until thay have ensured that everything is as it ashould be. Absolutely wonderful to watch them do this!

On the day that the cow first had the fence down, Nick stayed where the problem was ... and Kayla came and barked at me until I followed her. Then the three of us fixed the fence. It was like a scene from an old Lassie movie ... ;-)

I LOVE my dogs and can't imagine shepherding without them! You get an idea of the immenseness of Nick in these pictures. Kayla is 'normal sized'.

Off to work ... where I am providing a barbeque lunch to my class and our friends in the school community ... as my birthday gift to myself ... :-)

Anyone else considering a birthday gift, on this my 56th birthday, might wish to consider doing this on Lisa's Website ... hehehe. I'll stop with this soon ... but it is such a loving and wonderful thing that she is doing ... and the support from this blog has been good. Seems there is a lot of love here too ... :-)

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

Happy Birthday Bill!!! OK, just for you ~ I'm off to Lisa's blog and will donate..... ;-)