Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Curious About What This Blog Can Do ... ;-)

I am getting the feeling that there are a fair number of people reading my blog these days, which is cool ... :-)

What I want to do today is to tell all of you about a wonderful young woman named Lisa Harvey.

Lisa works with me as an educational assistant. She works tirelessly, and enthusiastically and treats all of the severely handicapped young people in our room with the outmost of respect. She is a gem and I know that you would all love her in the same way that I do.

The pictures posted here show Lisa on the day that we brought our students to the farm. For confidentiality reasons, I have cropped the students out of the pictures and have just left Lisa. Students are NEVER far away from her though, let me assure you!

Early last Fall Lisa's Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Her battle with cancer was not a long one. Lisa's Mom passed away in the winter. It was a difficult time for Lisa, but ... being the kind of person that she is, she has formed a team and they are entering in "The Weekend to End Breast Cancer", a 60 km walk-a-thon in Ottawa, Ontario. It is amazing to watch the role this event is playing in this young woman's growth through the greaving process.

Lisa's personal goal was to raise $2,500. My goal for her is $4,000 ... heck, why NOT go big?! Currently she has $3,050.

Here's where I am curious to see what this blog can accomplish. I'd like everyone to visit Lisa's Website for the walk ... read what she has to say ... and consider clicking on the word 'Friend' to make a secure credit card donation. When you do make a donation, tell Lisa in the message you will be asked to send, that you read my blog. (Lisa is a regular reader of my blog as well).

Lisa needs $950 to reach my goal for her of $4,000. Let's all of us do what we can to make this happen.

Thanks,

Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Bill! I almost cried when I read your Blog today. You are a super sweet fella!

And Thank you in advance to the people who donate because of your blog!